Hello Almaden Valley:
I thought I might give you an update about the upcoming Relay For Life in Almaden Valley (2012 RFL Almaden) scheduled for next Saturday and Sunday (May 5-6, 2012).
Before anything, hats off again to Jen Caselli (Event Chair) and to all San Jose & Almaden Valley participants (503 registered across 62 teams), Gold, Silver and Bronze sponsors (Bridge Bank in particular) and contributors (to date, $84,828 raised!) for this year’s edition of Relay For Life Almaden.
The 27-hour long schedule has now been finalized and I am happy to share some of the key highlights with you:
- Gates will open Saturday at 7am
- Opening Ceremony will take place at 10am with Laura Garcia Cannon and Roberta Gonzales
- First band which will open 2012′s RFL is Doesn’t Matter, starting at 10.30am
- Purple Piggie painting and judging will happen between 11am and 2pm
- More Live Bands will take the stage from 2-6pm (Old School, Sound Eclipse)
- The Luminaria Ceremony (with speaker/author Michelle Whitlock) will begin at 9pm
- A Texas Hold’em tournament will take place during “Zombie Hours” from 11.30pm until 3.30am
- The Fight Back Ceremony (with Speaker Patricia Brown from ACS), during which Awards will be handed out, will start at 9am on Sunday am
- Final Lap will be wrapped up at 10am
For those of you interested, a complete schedule for each day is attached here: 2012 RFL Almaden Valley Schedule
I would also like to take the opportunity to say hi to some of the sponsors with whom I have a special connection, namely Almaden Valley Athletic Club (AVAC) and South Valley Physical Therapy.
Look forward to seeing you all for fun and remembrance next Saturday.
TagsAlmaden Expressway Almaden Jobs Almaden Landmarks Almaden News Almaden Ranch Retail Center Almaden Real Estate Almaden Restaurants Almaden Tips Almaden Valley Almaden Valley Air Force Almaden Valley Athletic CLub Almaden Valley Bargains Almaden Valley Blog Almaden Valley Charity Almaden Valley Charity Sale Almaden Valley Club Almaden Valley Community Almaden Valley Community Association Almaden Valley Deals Almaden Valley Event Almaden Valley Events Almaden Valley Folklore Almaden Valley Info Almaden Valley Landmarks Almaden Valley Legends Almaden Valley News Almaden Valley Recommended Places Almaden Valley Shopping Almaden Valley Sports Almaden Valley Tips Almaden Valley Toastmaster Club Almaden Winery AVAC Bargains in Almaden Valley Charity Sale in Almaden Valley Fighting Cancer in Almaden Valley Leland high School Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Mt Umunhum Ohlone Tribes in California Pools in Almaden Valley Public Speaking Relay For Life Relay For Life Almaden Relay For Life Almaden 2012